Get To Know Me

My photo
South Dakota, United States
I believe in Human Rights and belong to many groups to aid others less fortunate than myself..and of course knitting.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Columbus Day????

So here in South Dakota it is "Native American Day". I have thought
alot about this lately and have come to the conclusion that I agree.

Being schooled in the northeast we never thought too much about it.
Columbus...1492....well the Native Americans were already here!!!!

I actually have feelings of being embaressed as I watch the decline in
religious practices and culture of Natives. How would we feel if
we couldn't practice those freedoms or even our language??

So I say today is a day that I honor our Natives that have taught us
all about the Mother Earth and the Father sky. Blessing to all in
your sacrifices for all of us...

Peace & good will,
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment