Get To Know Me

My photo
South Dakota, United States
I believe in Human Rights and belong to many groups to aid others less fortunate than myself..and of course knitting.

Monday, March 30, 2009

A New Book..

Oh the blizzard is on the way..8-14 inches (at least I hope it's inches) starting this evening. So I will have lots of time to knit and read. Can't wait for the dogs tomorrow morning with all the snow. The puppy goes out & wonders where all the blowing leaves have gone ( oh, to be one of my dogs..).

I found a great book for all three methods of knitting socks...."How To Knit Socks, Three Methods Made Easy" written by Edie Eckman. It's got great pictures and instructions. And some new patterns for more socks. I found the instructions so much easier to understand and it is cuff down for "Magic Loop".

I love that I am learning more and enjoying it. I am almost done with the 2nd pair of socks and I can wear them in the blizzard as it seems we will also get more snow on Saturday. Whatever, where is Spring and those pretty little flowers we all look forward to. I just love the help I get on , so many wonderful groups with many knowledgeable woman. They know how to knit and keep friendships going forward.

So have a great evening and look for your spring flowers..cause I can't!

Peace,

Darla

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I'll have to track down that book. I knit socks, but I've kinda glossed over the fundamentals. (I get socklike things, but sometimes there are things I have to go back and fix later. Some people, I understand, just get actual socks, right off the bat.)

    Hope you're all snuggy, warm and safe during the snowfall!

    ReplyDelete