Get To Know Me

My photo
South Dakota, United States
I believe in Human Rights and belong to many groups to aid others less fortunate than myself..and of course knitting.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Socks

The only great and fun thing about our cold, rainy weather is that I get to wear my wool hand knit socks that I made last winter!!

I started a new pair for myself last evening and have completed the first one
(yes, dpn's 7.5US) of the pair. They are Lanaloft Wool in celery.

I just love the softness of the wool...ooh wonderful. Third pair..just for ME!!!!

I still have some birthday gifts for the grandchildren to complete and also for
my sisters' birthday in November. Then it's on to complete Christmas gifts
knitting away.....

I went to volunteer day at our local nursing home. Had lots of fun and made a scare crow out of clothing & stuffed it with newspaper. I won 1st prize cause I brought 3 people with me. And the Pumpkin cake was delicious!!!

So, I have made a commitment to go at least once every month to visit, read, write letters or lose at scrabble. This I can do and have fun.

Well have a great Thursday and I'll be at our library for our reading group . It's interesting hearing the views of other people and what they interpret from the same book.

Peace,
Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment