Get To Know Me

My photo
South Dakota, United States
I believe in Human Rights and belong to many groups to aid others less fortunate than myself..and of course knitting.

Friday, April 17, 2009

My 60th Year


This is a photo of one of my favorite birds..the Yellow Finch...isn't he beautiful.

Where did all those years go? I don't feel sixty...I am not like my Mom & Dad were at this age. Thank goodness I'm a Baby Boomer..you know the after WWII kids.

The age thing doesn't seem to bother me..I read, Tweet, blog and learned to knit.
My back is bad but as a whole the body is still okay. I do need to have my hair streaked but the wrinkles (lines) I earned. Mom always said "too much sun is not good for you". Ooh..she was right again.

I would love her to make my favorite, Hellman's Chocolate Mayo Cake with butter cream icing. It's been way too many years since I had that and family to enjoy it with.

So I was born April 18th, 1949 on a Monday. It was 5:36 AM, EST. I don't have much time left till the big day.

I have a friend here that baked a cherry pie for me to celebrate the day.

I am having a good year (except for surgery & pneumonia) and even have new yarn Rowan Chunky to play with. What more could one ask for but new beautiful yarn.

Peace,

Darla

No comments:

Post a Comment